Thursday, October 30, 2008

My dad just called me to tell me that his illness that he's had last week was actually the result of a staph infection. He's still got it and was hospitalized this week for it. He said that he still has a 'popeye' arm but it's going down. Apparently though , he waited to call me until he was better because he said that he knew I would be in constant worry for him . He didn't want me to be mentally thrown off at work or whatever... I'm glad he's ok though....just got me to thinking.......
I really don't know what i'd do without him if something ever happened. He really is hands down my best friend. We have a great relationship and we really do talk to each other like we're good friends. It took a while for us to get to that point, because after I got into college he just had a hard time letting go . so then he tried to control what i did as much as he could with the distance between us. I think now he's actually seen how much of a positive effect he has had on me and how much of the things he's raised me with has still stuck with me . And i think it's so cute that when i leave from a visit there he still tears up and when he calls me he tells me how much he misses me....i think that is awesome ....i wouldn't trade my relationship with my parents for anything in the world.... ahhh.... happy thoughts :)

----well going to sleep now....tomorrow is my day off but i have to go to the doctor and then do office work in the morning.....

No comments:

Post a Comment